Oxx jewellery London stands for Modern & Minimal Jewellery.
It was set up in 2003 by me, Belgian An Alleweireldt, after finishing my MA at the Royal College of Art.
I thought there was a need for more exciting jewellery, the unconventional, where form follows function and pieces are comfortable to wear, where everything is not what it seems and can often be worn in different ways, where pieces are timeless and can be unisex, but above all, where customer service and honesty is paramount.
100% recycled materials, no plating and always 18ct gold unless you ask for it to be made in 9ct or 14ct gold. Everything is designed and made by myself in my London workshop, so the quality control is as good as it gets.
My new ideas take a lot of time to develop as I’m very critical. It must be something I have never seen before, comfortable and display the essence of a shape. My work on new ideas is constant, I find it important to stick to my minimal style, yet challenge myself and the customer to feel excited. Repetition of a technique is not my thing, as it’s the discovery of new techniques and ideas that push me forward. If you are curious about the latest pieces then have a look here.
Some of my pieces are ltd editions but most of them are as unique as you are. It is important to me that your investment is timeless, so you can enjoy it in years to come. I have been very lucky to have met some amazing people, including a few world famous people, who have given me the opportunity to create some wonderfully unique pieces together with them, of which you can see a selection here.
Planning the purchase of your new piece is not always easy, but with my nearly 20 years of experience I’m always happy to guide you in the right direction, whether it is a unique piece out of my collection or something entirely custom made for you. I often have a good idea what suits and works for people and I can give you expert advice on what is possible with regards to recycling gold, platinum & gemstones should you wish to.
As a designer it is important to me to do the right shows and exhibitions, to have time to meet you, make your pieces and make sure you are a happy client. If you would like to be kept into the loop about the few shows I take part in, then do sign up to my newsletter.
I do hope you enjoy the journey of getting a unique piece. Please know I am always at the other end of firstname.lastname@example.org or 0044 7817985747 to answer any questions you might have.
Past exhibitions, shows, collaborations, work and prizes – A few highlights
- Goldsmiths Fair – 14 consecutive years, 2008-2022
- Collect at the Saatchi Gallery with Design Flanders 2014-2015
- Made in Marylebone, 2014 – 2021
- Exhibition in Kobe, Japan 2015
- Collections for the Design Museum shop 2014-2019
- Collection for the Tate Modern shop
- Collection for The Barbican shop for their Bauhaus exhibition
- Collection for the Barbican shop for their Pop Art exhibition
- Collection for the Southbank centre shop
- Countless exhibitions with Design Flanders, Creative Clerkenwell, Craft Central, The Designer Jewellers group, Artists Open House, Art in Action, Desire …
- Countless solo exhibitions and pop up shops in Central London and Belgium
- Countless group exhibitions with international galleries in the UK, US, Japan, Denmark and Belgium
- Freelance work 2002 – 2017 for Roger Doyle, jeweller to the stars
- Armourers and Braziers Prize for innovative work, 2002